Reporting to the IT Support Manager, the Graduate IT Support Engineer will be a friendly initial point of contact for Nous users (Nousers) submitting an incident or request for IT Service.
More dynamic than the average support role, this opportunity provides an exciting entry-point for a smart, motivated graduate wanting to kick start a successful career in Information Technology. You will receive significant professional development and mentoring within a supportive and people-focused environment.
Nous is a great place to work…
Nous Group (Nous) is a leading Australian owned management consulting and leadership development firm. We are a values-based organisation that partners with clients to solve society’s most complex and demanding problems. We work with leading ASX companies, government, universities and not for profit organisations in Australia and we are growing internationally.
Nous has a diverse and inclusive culture and was recognised as one of Australia’s top 10 workplaces in the 2019 Great Places to Work Awards. Nous was also awarded ‘Best Management Consulting Firm, Australia’ in the 2017 Australian Financial Review Client Choice Awards.
- Categorise incidents, gather information to resolve or promptly allocate as appropriate.
- Promptly allocate calls as appropriate, log incidents and service requests and maintain relevant records.
- Assist in investigation and resolution of infrastructure problems (network, telephony, AV, etc) and aid with specified maintenance procedures.
- Maintain an IT knowledge base by leveraging specialists’ knowledge in order to capture and classify content, taking expert advice when required.
- Assist in providing Nousers accessibility, security and protection of sensitive data in an ethical manner.
- Install or remove hardware and/or software, and associated connections, using supplied installation instructions and tools. Conduct tests and correct malfunctions. Document the results.
- Assist with the evaluation of change requests. Contribute, as required, to investigations of problems and faults with hardware and/or software installations and confirm solutions fully working.
- Create and maintain an accurate register of IT assets as directed. Perform activities related to administration of IT assets. Produce routine reports to assist asset management and decision making.
- Administer, track, log, report on and correct configuration items, components and changes. Assist with audits to check the accuracy of information and correct as directed.
And the practical experience and skills required:
- Must have relevant tertiary qualifications in IT, computer science, engineering, or similar
- Recent experience in a desktop support role favourable
- Microsoft Office application administration
- Knowledge of concepts and best practices in enterprise IT support, processes and documentation
- Knowledge of practical aspects of information and cyber security as relate to IT support and service delivery
- Solid hands-on/technical knowledge of core technologies including but not limited to Windows 10, Office 365, MS Exchange, PowerShell, WAN/LAN/WLAN, VOIP/Skype, Cloud Services, Video Conferencing fundamentals and enterprise printing
- Basic mobile device maintenance and troubleshooting.
- ITIL Foundation favourable.
- Experience onsite in professional services (or similar) organisation favourable
- Excellent communication and interpersonal skills
- Excellent attention to detail and accuracy – satisfaction in a job done well
- Excellent organisational skills, including confidence managing own workload
- Demonstrable resilience built on self-awareness and ability to adapt to change
- A drive to continue to develop skills and knowledge
- General office tidiness
- Ability to work well in a team but with minimal supervision
- Highly accountable and punctual with strong time management crucial
- IT policies and procedures
- Information and cybersecurity policies
- Candidates must be willing to undergo background checks, including police checks, to verify their identity, character, qualifications, skills, experience, and suitability for the role.
Finally, the important details…
- We are an equal opportunities employer and welcome applications from people of all backgrounds, including Aboriginal and Torres Strait Islander people.
- If you have a passion for all things people and want to be part of a dynamic organisation that values culture and people, then we'd love to hear from you!
- To be eligible to apply, you must be a current Australian Permanent Resident with no working restrictions.